Valentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate love and friendship with our family, friends, and partners! Though Valentine’s Day may look different this year, we hope you’re spending this Valentine’s Day with those you love the most!
Our team is excited to share this special Valentine’s Day unit as part of our Schoolio Homeschooling content.
What Is Included?
Valentine’s Day is a social custom celebrated by much of the modern world. It’s generally a day of fun and festivities for our children and an opportunity to add some themed education to our homeschooling day!
The Valentine’s Day mini-unit includes five fun and factual lessons:
- Origins of Valentine’s Day – A look at the history of why we observe this special day and how it all began.
- How the Heart Really Works – A science-focused lesson to teach your child how the human heart works, and an opportunity to create an interesting experiment as well.
- Valentine’s Day Math – A fun math section focused on Valentine’s Day theme that begins at a Kinder level and progresses so that you can choose the best content regardless of your child’s age or grade.
- What Valentine’s Day Means to Me – A Language Arts lesson with differentiated practice work for various grades. From letter tracing practice for Kinders up to formal letter writing skills for our older learners.
- Making Valentines for Friends – We finish off our week with a thoughtful art project to show we care for others by creating Valentines for those we love.
- We hope that you enjoy this mini unit. Make sure to share with your friends and family who have children so they can use it also.