The Schoolio Language Arts Program contains five units with 400+ pages.
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
Each unit is intended to take four weeks.
- This 81-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Developing Paragraphs and Writing Fiction
- Grammar Topics: Nouns and Verbs, Adjectives and Adverbs, Possessives, and Prepositions
- Reading Study: A Boy Called BAT, By: Elana K. Arnold
- This 74-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Descriptive Writing and Writing Non-Fiction
- Grammar Topics: Subjects & Objects, Subjects & Predicates, Subject-Verb Agreement, and Pronouns
- Reading Study: The Wild Robot, By: Peter Brown
- This 73-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Public Speaking and Writing Emails
- Grammar Topics: Simple Present Tense, Past Tense, Future Tense, and Connecting Words (Conjunctions)
- Reading Study: Fish in a Tree, By: Lunda Mullaly Hunt
- This 97-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Poetry and Writing Book Reviews
- Grammar Topics: Telling & Asking Sentences, Imperative & Exclamatory Sentences, Simple & Compound Sentences, and Commas, Quotation Marks, & Apostrophes
- Reading Study: Charlotte’s Web, By: E.B. White
- This 79-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Letter Writing and Writing Articles
- Grammar Topics: Contractions & Abbreviations, Prefixes & Suffixes, Compound Words, and Frequently Confused Words & Tricky Usages
- Reading Study: Bridge to Terabithia, By: Katherine Paterson
Each of the five units include:
- 2 writing styles taught over 8 lessons. Students learn and practice each style, ending with a final, edited product of their own creation.
- 4 grammar topics, each consisting of two lessons with practice work included to help solidify concepts.
- 1 reading study broken into 12 parts, where students read and then work through thought-provoking discussion questions. A particular novel is recommended and referenced, but many of the follow-up questions can be used with any novel of your choice.
- 4 writing prompts to help get the creative ideas flowing and encourage students to explore their personal writing style and discover a love of reading and writing.
Each Schoolio Language Arts unit also includes a sample schedule, lessons organized by order on the schedule, and helpful explanations and tips for parents and teachers before you begin.
This program is completely open and go, the only additional item you need is the novel for the recommended reading study if you choose to use it.