The second unit in our Grade 8 History program is Canada, 1890-1914 – A Changing Society.
This extensive 93 page unit provides lessons on ALL of the following topics related to this time period in Canada’s history:
- Workers’ Rights
- Women’s Rights
- Conflicts in Canada
- The British Empire and Imperialism
- The United States and Canada: The Klondike Gold Rush
- The United States and Canada: The Alaskan Dispute and Reciprocity
- Racism and Discrimination in Canada
- First Nations: Treaties and the Indian Act
- First Nations: The Reservation System
- First Nations: The Residential School System
- First Nations 1890-1914 Assessment
- Research Study: Assessing Content
If you feel that your child would benefit from a little extra History practice,
we suggest the Complete Canadian Curriculum Grade 8 book.
Our Schoolio curriculum combines perfectly with the Complete Curriculum books.
The cost ranges from: $15-$20.
It can be found at: Costco, Indigo, Wal-Mart, Amazon or the direct link below.
CLICK HERE FOR: Complete Canadian Curriculum Grade 8