Schoolio Grade 8 Language Unit 4:
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
This 84-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Literary Devices and Poetry
- Grammar Topics: Mood, Types of Sentences: Structure, Types of Sentences: Purpose, Dependent Clauses
- Reading Study: Poetry Study- “Hope” is the thing with feathers by Emily Dickinson; Dreams by Langston Hughes; Still I Rise by Maya Angelou; [you fit into me] by Margaret Atwood
More about Schoolio’s Grade 8 Language Program:
In the Schoolio Language Arts Program students learn about and practice various styles of writing, dig into reading studies, practice their grammar skills, and engage in fun, creative writing exercises, all integrated together throughout the program.
There are five Schoolio Language units, each designed to be used consecutively or to stand alone. Each unit is intended to take a minimum of 4 weeks.
Each of the five units includes:
- 2 writing styles are taught over 8 lessons. Students learn and practice each style, ending with a final, edited product of their own creation.
- 4 grammar topics, each consisting of two lessons with practice work included to help solidify concepts.
- 1 reading study split into 12 parts, where students read and then work through thought-provoking discussion questions. A particular novel is recommended and referenced, but many of the follow-up questions can be used with any novel of your choice.
- 4 writing prompts to help get the creative ideas flowing and encourage students to explore their personal writing style and discover a love of reading and writing.
Each Schoolio Language Arts unit also includes a sample schedule, lessons organized by order on the schedule, and helpful explanations and tips for parents and teachers before you begin.