In the Schoolio Language Arts Program students learn about and practice various styles of writing, dig into reading studies, practice spelling, develop their grammar skills, and engage in fun, creative writing exercises, all integrated together throughout the program.
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
This 94-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles: Comic Strip Writing and Writing an Instruction Manual
- Grammar Topics: The Verb “To Be” & Helping Verbs, Present Tense Verbs, Past Tense Verbs, and Use of Was and Were
- Reading Study: Author Study- Robert Munsch
There are five Schoolio Language units, each designed to be used consecutively or to stand alone. Each unit is intended to take a minimum of 4 weeks.
Each of the five units includes:
- 2 writing styles taught over 8 lessons. Students learn and practice each style, ending with a final, edited product of their own creation.
- 4 grammar topics, each consisting of two lessons with practice work included helping solidify concepts.
- 1 reading study taught over two weeks, where students explore concepts related to various books. Schoolio recommendations are made for specific picture books, but questions and activities lend themselves to any books you choose to use.
- 6 reading passages with follow-up comprehension questions.
- 4 spelling lists, one per week, each with two days of practice work followed by a dictation quiz page.
- 4 writing prompts to help get the creative ideas flowing and encourage students to discover a love of reading and writing.
Each Schoolio Language Arts unit also includes a sample schedule, lessons organized by order on the schedule, and helpful explanations and tips for parents and teachers before you begin.
This program is completely open and go, with the only additional items you need being some recommended picture books, if you choose to use them.