Our Grade 1 Social Studies unit focuses on The Local Community
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
In this 33 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– What Is Community
– My Community
– Treating My Community with Respect
– Areas of a Community
– How Communities Change
– Expanding Our Community
– Services in the Community
– Using Services Responsibly
– Park Planner Project
– Community Workers
– What If Services Were Gone?
– Mapping Basics
– Describing Locations
– Using Non-Standard Units of Measurement
– Reading Maps
– Designing a Community Project
Our Grade 1 Social Studies unit focuses on Changing Roles and Responsibilities.
In this 39 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– All About Me
– Significant People in My Life
– My Family Tree
– Significant Places, Things, and Events in My Life
– Timeline of My Life
– Understanding My Own History
– My Family Story
– Roles and Responsibilities
– How Roles and Responsibilities Change
– Treating Yourself, Others, and the Earth with Respect
– How Our Actions Affect Others
– New Experiences
– Helping Others
Each subject includes:
Full curriculum with daily lessons, exercises and activities, for the entire school year
Worksheets and exercises
The Ontario Grade 1 Social Studies Curriculum has been designed to correspond with the Complete Canadian Curriculum Book 1.
Containing additional Social Studies exercises, we recommend that you purchase the Complete Canadian Curriculum Book 1 to accompany your Schoolio curriculum.
The Complete Canadian Curriculum Books can be found at: Costco, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Indigo or you can follow the direct link below to purchase.The cost of this book ranges from $15 to $19.