In this 22-page unit, a mini-unit from Schoolio Learning on Earth Day covers, All About Earth Day, Fresh Water, Recycling and Composting, Earth Day Poetry Study and Save Our Park Pond Poster Design for homeschoolers.
This Schoolio Mini-Unit is themed around Earth Day.
In this 22-page unit, your child will study the following lessons:
- All About Earth Day – A Social Studies lesson focused on what Earth Day is about and its history.
- Fresh Water – A Math lesson focused on the theme of freshwater access for humans around the world.
- Recycling and Composting – A Science lesson about recycling and composting. This lesson includes a virtual field trip to a recycling plant with follow-up questions and composting experiment with an experiment recorder and summary sheet.
- Earth Day Poetry Study – This Language Arts lesson includes two different poems for student study based on various grade levels and comprehension and thinking questions regarding the poems.
- Save Our Park Pond Poster Design – this Art lesson explains a hypothetical city problem of litter in a park pond and asks students to use their imaginations and creativity to design a piece of art to help combat the environmental issue.
Our Schoolio Mini Units are designed to be used with students in any grade range from K-8. There are differentiated questions to vary practice work for skill level. Please choose the information and questions best suited to your child’s working level.