The Grade 3 Social Studies has 2 unique units to learn from.
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’add on before purchase.
The first of the grade 3 Social Studies units focuses on the History and Culture of Early Societies to 1500CE.
In this 63 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– Why Is It Important to Learn History?
– Introduction to Mayan Society
– Mayan Daily Life
– Mayan Society
– The Mayans: The Fall
– Map Making Project
– Introduction to Ancient Rome
– Ancient Roman Daily Life
– Ancient Roman Society
– The Colosseum and Gladiators
– Circu Maximus and Chariot Racing
– Intro to Ancient Egypt
– Daily Life in Ancient Egypt
– Society in Ancient Egypt
– Mummies and The Book of the Dead
– Introduction to Ancient Inuit Peoples
– Daily Life of Inuit Peoples
– Inuit Society
– Inukshuks and Transportation
The second of the grade 3 Social Studies unit focuses on Communities in Canada from 1780-1850.
In this 26 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– First Nations Communities
– Early Settlers in Canada
– Early Travel
– Adapting to Climate
– Supports and Resources
– The Fur Trade and Expansion
– Relationships Between Peoples
– Reservation System
– Canadian Identity
– “In Their Shoes” Culminating Project”
Each subject includes:
Full Canadian curriculum with daily lessons, exercises and activities, for the entire school year
Worksheets and exercises
The Grade 3 Social Studies curriculum has been designed to correspond with the Complete Canadian Curriculum books 3 & 4.
Containing additional Social Studies exercises, we recommend that you purchase these books to accompany your Schoolio curriculum.
The Complete Canadian Curriculum Books can be found at: Costco, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Indigo or you can follow the direct link below to purchase.The cost of this book ranges from $15 to $19