Our Grade 1 Social Studies unit focuses on The Local Community
In this 33 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– What Is Community
– My Community
– Treating My Community with Respect
– Areas of a Community
– How Communities Change
– Expanding Our Community
– Services in the Community
– Using Services Responsibly
– Park Planner Project
– Community Workers
– What If Services Were Gone?
– Mapping Basics
– Describing Locations
– Using Non-Standard Units of Measurement
– Reading Maps
– Designing a Community Project
Our Grade 1 Social Studies unit focuses on Changing Roles and Responsibilities.
In this 39 page unit, your student will study the following lessons:
– All About Me
– Significant People in My Life
– My Family Tree
– Significant Places, Things, and Events in My Life
– Timeline of My Life
– Understanding My Own History
– My Family Story
– Roles and Responsibilities
– How Roles and Responsibilities Change
– Treating Yourself, Others, and the Earth with Respect
– How Our Actions Affect Others
– New Experiences
– Helping Others
Each subject includes:
Full curriculum with daily lessons, exercises and activities, for the entire school year
Worksheets and exercises
Our Grade 1 Social Studies Program has been designed to correspond with the Complete Canadian Curriculum Grade 1 book.
This book contains additional Social Studies exercises. We suggest that you purchase this book to accompany your Schoolio curriculum.
This book can be found at: Costco, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Indigo or you can follow the direct link below to purchase.